Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DB2 and Report Builder

I have successfully deployed a standard Report (i.e. non Report Builder) to our Report Server using a Shared Data Source to an iSeries Access for Windows Driver. The Data Source has the following properties:

Type : OLEDB

Connection String : Provider=IBMDA400.DataSource.1;Data Source=AA;Initial Catalog=AA;Default Collection=MITDTA;Catalog Library List=MITDTA,MVXBDTA

The Report works perfectly using this connection.

However when I try to run a Report Builder Report based on a Report Builder Model that uses this same shared connection I get the following error:

An attempt has been made to use a data extension 'OLEDB' that is not registered for this report server.

-

Cannot create command for data source 'dataSource1'.

-

An error has occurred during report processing.

Any ideas?

I'm not sure how you created a report model based on an OLEDB connection. In the RTM release only SQL Server 2000/2005 and Analysis Services 2005 are supported. We are adding Oracle support in SP2, but we do not have DB2 support yet.

|||

OK I hadn't realised DB2 was not yet supported ...

I managed to create a Data Source View based on the MS OLE DB Provider for DB2 (not in fact the iSeries Driver I mentioned above) and explored the data successfully from VS. I then created a .smdl file (not from the Autogenerate command) and deployed this to the Server successfully. If this was not a supported Provider then I guess I would have expected to be told at the Deploy stage and the Deploy would have failed..

No problem I'll find another solution. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment