Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DB2 and Report Builder

I have successfully deployed a standard Report (i.e. non Report Builder) to our Report Server using a Shared Data Source to an iSeries Access for Windows Driver. The Data Source has the following properties:

Type :OLEDB

Connection String : Provider=IBMDA400.DataSource.1;Data Source=AA;Initial Catalog=AA;Default Collection=MITDTA;Catalog Library List=MITDTA,MVXBDTA

The Report works perfectly using this connection.

However when I try to run a Report Builder Report based on a Report Builder Model that uses this same shared connection I get the following error:

An attempt has been made to use a data extension 'OLEDB' that is not registered for this report server.

-

Cannot create command for data source 'dataSource1'.

-

An error has occurred during report processing.

Any ideas?

I'm not sure how you created a report model based on an OLEDB connection. In the RTM release only SQL Server 2000/2005 and Analysis Services 2005 are supported. We are adding Oracle support in SP2, but we do not have DB2 support yet.

|||

OK I hadn't realised DB2 was not yet supported ...

I managed to create a Data Source View based on the MS OLE DB Provider for DB2 (not in fact the iSeries Driver I mentioned above) and explored the data successfully from VS. I then created a .smdl file (not from the Autogenerate command) and deployed this to the Server successfully. If this was not a supported Provider then I guess I would have expected to be told at the Deploy stage and the Deploy would have failed..

No problem I'll find another solution. Cheers.

|||

hi Bob

I'm using SQL Express (SSE) with the Reports Services and I'm getting this same error. Is OLEDB supported now?

I've noticed that in the rsreportserver.config file, there is an entry under <Configuration><Extensions><Data> as follows:

<Extension Name="OLEDB" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.OleDbConnectionWrapper,Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions"/>

Any ideas?

Cheers

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment