Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Db2 Connection Problems SSIS (OLEDB)

Hello,

I'm trying to connect to a DB2 database via SSIS and I'm getting some problems:

I'm creating a new OLE DB Connection Manager and I'm getting two distinct errors:

1) When I try to use "IBM OLEDB Provider for DB2 Servers" I can create the connection manager and the connection is tested successfully.

But when I try to use the connection in OLE DB Source when I will list the tables I get this error:

Could not retrieve the table information for the connection manager 'MyDataSource'.
truncated. SQLSTATE=01004
CLI0002W Data truncated. SQLSTATE=01004

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

truncated. SQLSTATE=01004
CLI0002W Data truncated. SQLSTATE=01004 (IBM OLE DB Provider for DB2 Servers)

2) When I try to use "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for DB2" when I try to test the connection I get this error:

Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. The parameter is incorrect.

Anyone had these problems ?

Thanks,

Guber

i have been working on DTS/SSIS using DB2OLEDB. I do not have the error of using "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for DB2", which you described.

I guess that your connection manager was perhaps not correctly configured. Create a UDL file first to figure out the correct connection string and then create DB2 connection manager inside SSIS.

If you can post your connection string here, I should be able to tell you what went wrong.

Steve

|||Hi,

I am also getting the same problem. what is configuration you are using?
|||

I met the same problem yesteday. I found a solution to it.

My source table in db2 had a column defined decimal(20,2),but the length of numeric in SSIS is 16.

So the data will bu truncated .

When i had used a script component to read data from db2,the problem did not appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment