Thursday, March 29, 2012

DB2OLEDB issue - possible bug

I have several SSIS packages where I am connecting to a DB2 catalog to grab data on a nightly basis. These packages drop/create and reload data from DB2 to both my 2005, 32 bit and 64 bit servers. In the Connection Properties of the packages that reside on my 64 bit server, I am noticing a quirk in setting the password for the DB2 catalog. If I go in and manually type in the password and test the connection, everything is fine. The package will run either right there through Debug Mode, or at the next run time, without any issues. However, as soon as it runs the very next time, the password for the DB2 catalog reverts back to a blank password and the package will fail when it runs the next/second time. I have unchecked the Blank Password box and checked the Allow For Saved Password box on BOTH the Data Link page and the Connection Properties page. But, this does not resolve the issue. It is almost as if it is ignoring the Allow For Saved Password.

The packages are running fine in the 32 bit environment, by the way. I am only experiencing this issue on the 64 bit server.

Thnx in advance, for any suggestions or answers.

ScottyeOK... never mind... I figured it out. You have to set the RetainSameConnection value from False to True in the properties of the connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment