Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DB2 & SQL server?

Hi Folks,
We have a DB2 database on a WAN at work. I want to access the database from
some Visual Basic for Applications code that I have written at work.
The database itself is not directly accessable and as it was described to me
is "buffered"
from the users by a second computer which passes on requests for data.
I assume that this intermediary computer would be whats called a SQL server?
If my assumption above is correct is it possible to get a query to the
server which
it will accept and reply to?
Anyone?
Cheers
-AlReplied in microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect
--
David Portas
--
Please reply only to the newsgroup
--|||Hi!
I work as a Journalist with PC WORLD magazine. I would like to obtain recent news about
SQL and other news. You can e mail them to me and we would be glad to publish them in
our magazine.
Thanking You,
Anusha Kirubaharan

No comments:

Post a Comment