Thursday, March 29, 2012

DB2 Write Image to Blob field

I need some help in SSIS Package I am trying to write a byte array to an image (blob) in DB2 destination. I am getting SQL code -290 Invalid Description, if i set the output column to a byte stream. If I set the output column to an Image data type then I get a different error the package will not at that time even process it errors out right away. At least using a byte stream datatype it errors out when it is about to write to the olebd destination. Anybody have success using BLOB fields in SSIS package data flow? Thanks for any help.

What provider you used for DB2? I have a memory that the Microsoft OLEDB provider for DB2 does not support retrieve LOB type columns, inside SSIS, yet. Please confirm with the version release note you installed on your computer if that's what you used.

thanks

wenyang

|||Are you using IBM DB2 .NET Data Provider? If not, get it as part of the IBM DB2 Clinet from https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/preLogin.do?lang=en_US&source=swg-dm-db2client|||

Wenyang Hu wrote:

What provider you used for DB2? I have a memory that the Microsoft OLEDB provider for DB2 does not support retrieve LOB type columns, inside SSIS, yet. Please confirm with the version release note you installed on your computer if that's what you used.

thanks

wenyang

Do you know when this will be fixed?|||I am using the Microsoft OLE DB provider for DB2, I am not using the .net version.

No comments:

Post a Comment