Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DB2 to MSSQL

Hi Frenz,
Cud anybody pls tell me the way to convert DB2 to MSSQL database.
Initially, I'm attempting to transfer database, using DTS from one SQL
Server to another one.
But never succeeded. So, dont have guts to do the same with DB2
database.
Pls suggest me a good way.
Thanks,
Dutt.
You have a tool called as import export data which will help you in migration
process see BOl for further options.also be careful for the datatypes,to
overcome this issue first create a script (using denerate script
option),analyse is then apply.
"Dutt" wrote:

> Hi Frenz,
> Cud anybody pls tell me the way to convert DB2 to MSSQL database.
> Initially, I'm attempting to transfer database, using DTS from one SQL
> Server to another one.
> But never succeeded. So, dont have guts to do the same with DB2
> database.
> Pls suggest me a good way.
> Thanks,
> Dutt.
>
|||Hi Arshad,
Its OK. I'm aware of it.
My intention is to transform DB2 database to MS SQL database.
Cud u help me in that direction?
Thanks,
Dutt...
|||If you are using SQL Server 2005, you can use the Microsoft OLEDB Provider
for DB2 (Feature Pack for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - November 2005,
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d09c1d60-a13c-4479-9b91-9e8b9d835cdc&displaylang=en).
It will help you with the data type conversion, as far as handling it for
you, which could be equally covenient or problematic.
I would script the tables, create them in SQL Server, and then import the
data. Once the data has been imported, I would apply the contraints (PK, FK,
etc.)
I hope it helps...
"Dutt" wrote:

> Hi Arshad,
> Its OK. I'm aware of it.
> My intention is to transform DB2 database to MS SQL database.
> Cud u help me in that direction?
> Thanks,
> Dutt...
>
|||On 16 Feb 2007 00:27:13 -0800, "Dutt" <Mr.Dutt@.gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Frenz,
>Cud anybody pls tell me the way to convert DB2 to MSSQL database.
>Initially, I'm attempting to transfer database, using DTS from one SQL
>Server to another one.
>But never succeeded. So, dont have guts to do the same with DB2
>database.
>Pls suggest me a good way.
At my present gig, we loaded the DB2 client for windows stuff with a
new driver, and DTS works with it quite nicely, to bring over flat
tables. You can do that, manually redefine indexes and whatnot, and
away you go!
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment